What guidelines do you follow when writing kickers for the carousel?
I usually try to avoid repeating any of the words used in the headline, but this tends to lead to vague kickers. Family fun, education, recreation, entertainment, environment and weather are among the kickers I have used more than once. I like to avoid redundancy, but maybe it's more important to be specific. One challenge is the limited space, but I have noticed some kickers that take up two or even three lines. Is this OK?
Since so many others have at least a little bit of experience writing Web kickers, I wondered if anyone would be willing to share tips or tricks. What's the best or worst kicker you've ever written or seen? Are there certain things we should keep in mind if we want our kickers to grab readers' attention?
— Elizabeth
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From Mark T.
Specific is better, in my opinion. And we should avoid redundant words.
I generally try to keep kickers to 11 or fewer characters.
Fun Days, 4H Fair, Captives, Brewers, Fire, Smoking, Drinking, Crash, Heritage, Storm, etc.
Post a Comment