Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pushing buttons

We ran the "We've got coupons" button on the covers for Thursday's Thanksgiving issues after the button was unfortunately neglected last Sunday, but I ran into a problem this past Sunday when working on the Wausau and Central Wisconsin covers: no dollar amounts. I did not have them in my e-mail (nor did Amy Kimmes, the weekend editor, when I asked her), and looking back, I didn't have them last weekend either, when the button was also supposed to run. (But we did have a specific dollar amount to run for the Thanksgiving issues.) So we ran a generic button instead with no dollar amount.

What is the status of this button initiative? Should I look to have specific dollar amounts in the future (I work almost every Saturday from now through the end of the year, so you can count on me doing the Sunday covers those days), or should I just stick with the generic button from here on out? Is somebody else getting e-mails with the dollar amounts and I'm just not getting them by mistake?

1 comment:

WDH Copy Desk said...

Jenny Murphy is in charge of supplying us the numbers for each Sunday (or Saturday for the sister papers or holidays, like Thursday). She didn't send anything out this week, so you did fine improvising.

She did send an e-mail last week that included what each button was to say for each market.

She indicated that she'd like to use the button each weekend through Christmas.

— Brian O.