There are certain words that are never abbreviated in newspaper copy, and yet these same words seem to be creeping into stories, obits and calendars. Here are some of the ones I've noticed lately.
Road, Drive, Court. Lane
Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Ohio, Texas, , Utah
April (yes, I've seen this as Apr.)
Also, please remember when you've listed an exact street address you can abbreviate Street and Avenue (800 Scott St.) but not without an address (on Scott Street).
Anyone have any others?
--Kristy
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've noticed someone abbreviating directions on street names when there's no specific address given.
Such as, "The motorcycle crashed on W. Thomas Street."
In that case, it should be, "The motorcycle crashed on West Thomas Street."
But, "The motorcycle crashed into a home at 1000 W. Thomas St."
Hey, where's everyone been on this blog lately?
Oops, forgot my signature in the last post.
That was me, Mark T.
Post a Comment